Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New Month=New Coupons!!!! And other notes about clearance items.

Just wanted to remind you all that today is the first day of a new month. Know what that means? NEW COUPONS!!! Remember that there are only a certain amount of prints available from the manufacturer for all of the printable coupons, so if you think you will use it, print it TODAY! Some of these coupons don't last through the entire day - definately not the entire MONTH! There are some GREAT ones today for Green Giant Frozen vegetables. Also, I tried experimenting with zip codes this morning and found a few other random goodies! Here are some of the zip codes I used...

* 39901-Atlanta
* 90210-Beverly Hills, CA (LOL)
* 28299- don't remember where this was, maybe Charlotte?
* 60827-possibly Chicago, IL- I don't remember

The coupons sites have certain coupons for certain zip codes, so if you plug in different ones, you'll find coupons that don't print using our zip code. One that I found was a coupon for the frozen Super Pretzels. I don't know if I'll ever use it, but it did not come up when I pulled up our zip code. I also found some great Glade coupons that did not show up with our zip code.

Here is a list of the sites I print coupons from...

* http://www.smartsource.com/ - this site is crazy! Sometimes they print and sometimes they don't. Don't be surprised if it takes a few HOURS for them to print (I'm NOT kidding). I do it last and then just walk away from the computer and let it do it's thing until it finally prints. I did not have any problems this morning however.
* http://www.redplum.com/
* http://www.coupons.com/
* http://www.couponbug.com/  -this site annoys me greatly!!! They print HUGE color ads on the bottom of almost EVERY single coupon you print. What a waste of my ink! BUT, it is a way of getting some extra coupons here and there.

I also ran across a VERY Good website for looking up items that you want to buy to see if there is a coupon available... Go to http://www.coupontom.com/  -I saw this address on an ad somewhere and it's VERY simple to use, which is a definite plus with me! All you do is start typing the item that you want and it will pull up a list of coupons that were/are available. If it is a printable coupon, it gives you a link. This is a GREAT site and very handy when you need things that are on sale, but not a super wonderful deal and aren't listed at http://www.southernsavers.com/   -Remember, Jenny does not list every item from every store-she only lists the items that are a good price. If there happens to be an item that you need in particular but it's not listed on her site, go to coupontom.com and find out if there is a coupon for it. VERY HANDY!!!

Hope you stocked up on printer paper during the back to school sales! This appears to be a great month for printables!

Also, wanted to let you know that Robbie and I went "clearance couponing" the other day. We just went to Target and CVS and shopped for clearance items that we had coupons for. We got some pretty good deals! The main thing I noticed that is important is that CVS's summer items are now ringing up 75% off. They were NOT marked this way at the Harrison Bridge Rd store, but we got a $29.99 cooler for $7.49!!! After using my extra bucks to pay for my purchases, I walked out the door paying $1.24 for a $29.99 cooler and FOUR sets of Crest for kids Toothpaste (with Hannah Montana on the front) and an Oral-B toothbrush (regularly 6.99 each). The toothpaste sets were marked down to 1.25 and I used a .50 coupon off Crest toothpaste. I wasn't sure if the coupon would work on the Hannah Montana sets, but it did, so I got them for .75 each!!!

We also noticed that CVS and Target has both marked their school supplies down the first time. I saved quite a few school supply coupons just for that purpose. I plan on using them on clearance items. There were lots of coupons for Scotch products, Bic products, Zebra, Sharpie and a few others that came out during the back to school sales a few weeks back. Those will make for some great deals, but I'm waiting for at least the second mark down before I buy anything.

Happy Shopping!

0 comments:

Search my blog here.

Blog Archive

Visit Swag Bucks