Friday, July 10, 2009

My Bilo trip
















Well, I spent more than I've spent in a LONG time at a grocery store, but boy did I ever get some great deals!!!! I got the t-bones that were on sale this week (5 of them-VERY LARGE), two chuck roasts, a LOT of produce and all the rest of the stuff you see for $78.48. The amount I SAVED was 117.65 so my percentage saved was 60%! Just my meat and produce items alone were 49.95 so I got everything else for 28.53 and that includes 6 boxes of the new arm and hammer fabric softner sheets (for you, Kim), 2 bottles of carpet freshner, tea, eggs, grits, croutons, 6 boxes of Suddenly Salad ,4 cans of spam , 2 bottles of salad dressing, a bag of shredded cheese, some storage bags and more stuff.
The reason I'm telling you all this is because I want people to see that you CAN buy meat and produce and still save lots of money. Just buy things that are on sale and every bit of my meat and produce was on sale except for my tomato (so give me a break-I treated myself! Ha ha). You can still eat well and save a LOT of money. It just takes some effort and a little time. And it doesn't hurt a bit if you can go shopping WITHOUT the kids (thank you Three Strands Church for THAT). Happy shopping everyone!

0 comments:

Search my blog here.

Blog Archive

Visit Swag Bucks