Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I LOVE SCHOOL SUPPLY SALES!!

As I think I've mentioned before, I set a goal for myself this year, to buy all of Alyssa's school supplies without spending any money. There are always so many good deals to be found so this seemed like a simple task using extra bucks and register rewards. As of yesterday, I had already purchased...
-2 spiral Notebooks (1 subject)
-5 3x5 lined index cards
-#2 pencils (24 pack)
-1 pack colored pencils
-6 folders
-4 glue sticks
-1 pair of scissors
-2 packs of mechanical pencils

I used my extra bucks or register rewards from purchasing other items to buy all of that for free. Yesterday, I still had $4 in Extra Bucks and $10 in Register rewards left over from last week, so I went on a school supply shopping frenzy. As of last night, I had purchased the following...
-Mennen Speed Stick Pro Deodorant
-Gold Emblem Gummy Worms
-Dove Chocolate Bar
-3 10 packs of pens
-6 rolls of scotch tape
-3 memo books
-2 packs of 24 crayons
-1 ruler
-2 280 sheet notebook paper
-2 packs of eraser caps
-1 2pk of Pilot G2 pens
-1 pack of colored pencils
-2 150 sheets of notebook paper

When all was said and done, I had spent a total of $1.01 and I STILL have $1.98 in Extra Bucks and $1 in Register Rewards left to spend! My totals were .02 at CVS Ftn Inn, .02 at CVS West Ga Rd, and .97 at Walgreens. Never again will I complain about buying school supplies. Why complain when you can get them for FREE!

There was a really good deal at Walgreens that I should tell you about. The Scotch Transparent tape is on sale for 0.39 per roll. There was a coupon in the paper 2 weeks ago for $1 off the purchase of 3 rolls of tape. If you use that coupon with the sale, you will pay 0.06 per roll! I stocked up! At that price I may not mind it when my kids get into my tape drawer!

There is also a printable coupon out for $1 off any 2 Bic Stationary products. I found it on www.dealseekingmom.com I think. The link on there goes to www.coupons.com, so I'd try there first. This could come in handy with all the sales going on right now!

Don't forget the coupon workshop I am doing on August 1st! Bring your friends. It will be fun! I promise, I won't bash Walmart TOO bad... Just a little.

0 comments:

Search my blog here.

Blog Archive

Visit Swag Bucks