Friday, May 1, 2009

Welcome to the "Frog Blog"

Hello everyone! Well, I have tried to figure out the best way to get the word out about coupon deals and steals and I have decided that email might not be the best way to go, sooooooooo (drum roll please!) introducing.....
The Frog Blog

Any of you who attended Westside church last night for our Feet To Our Faith event knows why this blog is called the Frog Blog. For those of you who were not there, I'll explain. Last night in my "couponing lesson" I spent quite a bit of time on Walmart. I have a love hate relationship with Walmart... That is, I love to hate it... But that is besides the point. My point last night was that Walmart has us trapped in a pot of boiling water... My analogy was the story of the frog. If you put a frog in boiling water, he will immediately jump out because... well, he's not stupid. He does not want to cook! However, if you put a frog in cold water and then slowly turn up the heat, over a long period of time, he will contentedly sit in the pot until he's frog soup. I compared that story to Walmart. A few years back, Walmart was hands down, the cheapest place to do your grocery shopping, however over time, that has changed. While we have happily (or unhappily in my case) spent countless hours perusing the isles of Walmart, they have slowly been turning up the heat... They have slowly but surely raised their prices over time and now, you would be hard pressed to find 20 items in the store that you could not beat somewhere else using sale prices and double/triple coupons. So, if you are having a hard time making ends meet and being able to streeeeeeeeeetch your grocery budget, the frog blog is the place for you! I don't know about you, but I don't want to be a frog! I don't even like the color green!! Let's all band together to jump out of the frog pot and back into the REAL world of saving money for the more important things in life (like pedicures :) Welcome to the Frog Blog!

0 comments:

Search my blog here.

Blog Archive

Visit Swag Bucks