Monday, July 6, 2009

Help with an ongoing project

Hey everyone! Robbie and I have just started doing something to reach out to the homeless people living on the streets of Greenville and I need some help and wanted to offer the opportunity for each of you to be able to help with this. Robbie (my hubby) and Greg Miller (a good friend from church) are going out about once a week and handing out bag lunches with tracts in them to the people living on the streets of Greenville. They are reaching these people with the love of Jesus and at the same time, they are giving them something they need-Food. This morning, as we were packing up the lunches, Greg expressed an interest in going beyond just lunches and being able to hand out soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes and other items that the people they meet can use. I don't know about all of you, but right now, on my shelf I have about 12 tubes of toothpaste and who knows how many toothbrushes and most of them were either FREE or REALLY cheap with coupons and extra bucks. What I am asking you to do, if you are willing, is if you see something that they could use for this ministry and it won't cost you anything or if it's really cheap, would you buy it and donate it to be given out to the homeless (after you have stocked up your house that is)? I would just ask for the coupons so that I can buy the stuff, but a lot of times, there are limits on them and I would not be able to buy enough at a time. One thing that could REALLY be helpful are the Colgate Wisp disposable toothbrushes. These are on sale a lot and there is a printable coupon out for them right now as well ( http://offers.e-centives.com/siflo/reg/survey.cfm?s=Yz0xJmY9MSZjdT0xJmJxPTEmdmlkPTg4MiZvPTE4MTg4ODkmcD0xODE4ODkwJnB0PTEmY289NTI2JmZ3ZWI9MSZzYz0zMjcmclVSTD0lMkZzaWZsbyUyRnBvc3RyZWdpc3RlciUyRWNmbSUzRnZpZCUzRDg4MiUyNnQlM0QxJTI2cyUzRDEwMzk0NDM0OTUlMjZtYiUzRDYxODclMjZmd2ViJTNEMSUyNmNvJTNENTI2JTI2c2MlM0QzMjclMjZpZCUzRDZkMGYxM2ZjJTJEMWQwNyUyRDQ5MDklMkQ4ZDc5JTJEYzUzYTc5NWVjYzljJnM9MTAzOTQ0MzQ5NSZtYj02MTg3JmlkPTZkMGYxM2ZjLTFkMDctNDkwOS04ZDc5LWM1M2E3OTVlY2M5Yw%3D%3D ) If you click on that link, it will take you to the coupon to print. You can only print one, but it is a start anyway. Other things we could use are....

bars of soap
deodorant
toothbrushes
toothpaste
pocket packs of Kleenex
coughdrops and hard candy
shampoo

Anything that you think a homeless person could use on the streets would be appreciated. Keep in mind the size of the item. If you get shampoo for example, try to get a smaller bottle if possible because most of them carry everything they own in one small backpack so they don't have a lot of space.

We could also use coupons for the following

Sandwich meat
Bread
potato chips
crackers
cookies

If you have any of those that you are not using or if you see a printable one, if you would, give it to me or mail it to me (email me for my address if you need it) and I will use them for making the lunches. Thank you so much! I will try to work out something at church like a box to put the stuff in, but for right now, you can just give it to me and I'll get it where it needs to go. Thanks bunches for using your couponing to help others!!!

0 comments:

Search my blog here.

Blog Archive

Visit Swag Bucks